Friday, November 23, 2012

The Lost Blog Snippet

Whenever inspiration rockets past my ear and slams into the nearest wall in a firestorm of 4th-of-July sparklers and cartoon squirrels, I try to capture it by quickly opening a new e-mail message page and typing furiously before the visions seared into my corneas fade away. (Note to self: Purchase fire extinguisher.)

This happened a few weeks prior to my wedding. The writing below is the result.

My outlook on getting everything done for the wedding:

June 30, 1700-ish: "We have gobs of time."

July 1, 0400-ish: "WE HAVE NO TIME."

Seriously. Nico and I spent a good 45 minutes or so sitting in James Avery discussing the pros and cons of getting a way-fancy ring versus a "work" ring or both (and by "discussing" I mean that Nico listens really intently to his neurotic fiancée).


The end!

But not really. Wedding brain still lives within me. Not the psychotic NOW-ALL-MY-SINGLE-FRIENDS-SHOULD-GET-HITCHED-TOO kind; the I'm-pretty-sure-I-had-plans-to-hang-out-with-Friend-X-on-Friday-but-it's-not-written-in-my-Outlook-calendar-so-I'm-beginning-to-question-my-sanity kind.

Outlook and iCal are my second (and third?) brain(s?).

And this handsome fellow married me anyway (and is still married to me, four-ish months later).

Leave it to me to manage to make it look like he's sticking his finger up his nose.

P.S.: For those of you who are wondering about the outcome of the 45-plus-minute conversation about rings, we went with the "work" rings. Holla atcha, James Avery (who didn't pay me to write about the company's wares)!

No comments:

Post a Comment