Monday, November 26, 2012

Clothes Quarters

As someone who has been known to lament how many items of clothing I own, I found the Weed Out Your Closet in a Year technique of hanging all of one's clothes backwards, flipping them back to the correct mode of hangage after one has worn a piece of clothing, and then donating all unflipped-for-a-year items to be... well, a brilliant concept.

"Let's start at the very beginning: a very good place to start..."

Then I had that moment when I realized that that method would only cause me to declare, "A challenge!" and then proceed to turn it into a game in which I made it my goal to wear every piece of clothing in my closet before the year was up (bonus points for reaching the goal within six months!), thus nullifying the point.

Which is the problem, really. I do eventually end up wearing all of my clothes (even if I've worn a particular dress only twice within as many years), and it has the added bonus of not having to do laundry all that often (I seem to harbor a small fear of my washer breaking or suddenly finding myself having only enough money to pay for room and board, which helps me justify keeping all the clothes—I kid you not).

Am I crazytown? Does anyone have any suggestions? Any ideas for tricking myself into getting rid of clothing?

Credit where credit is due:

No comments:

Post a Comment